The Really Old Bali Blog (2013-2015) « Share that shower, girls: Bali to enter a water deficit by 2015
Residents of Buleleng regency are being advised to curb water usage during the coming dry season – and it's not just the dry north that's in trouble.
Bali is forecast to enter a water deficit of 27 billion cubic meters by 2015, when the island will suffer a severe water crisis.
Maybe morph that swimming pool into an underground guest-bedroom? Or just hang up the golf clubs?
Old Bali Blog Posts
☬ The Really Old Bali Blog Posts ~ 2013-2015
- Dutch colonial massacres in Indonesia from 1945-1949, and compensation from Holland [Updated 2020]
- 'Liger' killed after Bogor sex attack
- Will she or won't she? Miss World cancelled on Java
- Make mine a large one, Chief: Aceh orders schoolchildren to self-measure their genitalia
- Share that shower, girls: Bali to enter a water deficit by 2015
- Joshua Oppenheimer's film 'The Act of Killing' nominated for an Oscar
- Lock up your daughters: Muslim FPI hardliners planning to raid Bali turned away by Police
- Monopoly money: Indonesian rupiah is Asia's worst-performing currency
- Selamat pagi! Christian ward-chief unwelcome in Jakarta for not using Arabic greetings
- Did the earth move for you? Minor earthquake jolts Ubud
- Who let the cat out of the bag? Schapelle Corby granted parole from Kerobokan Prison
- Dad, which one's the brake? 13-year-old rock-star's son kills 7 with car
- Indonesian public officials fired for crystal meth use
- A right royal send-off: The Queen of Ubud's cremation ceremony
- Forest fires rage on Bali's Mount Agung
- Mummy! West Balinese coffee farmer finds 2,300-year-old sarcophagus in coffee plantation
- Nag or Stallion? Chinese Year of the Horse, 2014
- Whirlwinds and heavy weather hit Bali's Denpasar
- No God, no job: 19 government workers fired for not turning up to Friday prayers
- Santa no-fly zone: Aceh hardline Muslims ban Christmas
- 10th anniversary of Asian Tsunami
- Cosmic counter-balance? Chinese Year of the Horse starts with a bang
- Sanur security guard strangled by python outside Bali Hyatt Hotel
- Ask questions later: Indonesian terror police gun down six in Jakarta
- East-West car crash: Balinese man strangles woman on nude cruise liner
- Paddling in Sanur: Floods hit south Bali's beachside tourist resort
- Australian mother and daughter die of suspected food-poisoning in Padangbai resort, Bali
- A lion named Michael: Another animal dies at the Surabaya 'Zoo of Death'
- Bootleg 'arak' kills three in Buleleng, North Bali
- Bad timing: Frenchman arrested for cocaine possession in Kuta, Bali
- Batten down the hatches: Bad weather in store for Bali in January 2014
- The Russians are coming!! Ex-soviet tourists flood Bali...
- Tears in Paradise: A photo exhibition of Bali's mentally ill
- Flaming cash: Indonesian rupiah on world list of 'Fragile Five' currencies
- Watch out! There's a foreigner about...
- Ashes to ashes: Devastating fire at Clear Cafe on Ubud's Jalan Hanuman
- High life, low life: Australian brothers Scott O'Hehir and Timothy O'Hehir from Perth guilty of GBH in Kuta, Bali
- Monster price-hike: Price of Indonesian gas/petrol rises by 33% overnight
- Snuff it or get snuffed: Illegal forest fires burn out of control on Riau
- Waitreeeess!! Australian tourist detained on flight from Brisbane to Bali
- British woman murdered in Junjungan villa, Ubud
- Dead guilty: Guy cheats on wife and drives off Denpasar bridge
- Strictly off the menu: Magic Mushrooms illegal in Bali (2021 Update)
- Eat, Pray... Crash
- A sleeping giant wakes: Sumatra's Mount Sinabung erupts
- Up, up... and away! Price of Indonesia's Visa on Arrival (VOA) rises by 40%
- The Blues have it? Indonesia goes to the polls
- Open-and-shut case? American woman found dead in suitcase outside Nusa Dua hotel
- Hungry Mouth To Feed? VS Naipaul pulls out of Ubud Writers' and Readers' Festival
- Earthquake Time Again: 7,3 hits Sulawesi and Maluku
- Russian thief arrested for stealing souvenir at Tanah Lot
- Just another meltdown: Indonesian rupiah plunges to pre-1998 crisis levels
- Down: AirAsia flight QZ8501 crashes into Java Sea
- US Security Warning For East Java
- Australian Security Warning For Bali
- The Long Goodbye: Six drug traffickers executed in Indonesia
- Very Important Ape: Paris Hilton pays a visit to Ubud's Monkey Forest
- Bali Nine or the Magnificent Seven? Australian drug traffickers Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran to be executed in Indonesia
- Bye-bye beer: Indonesia bans alcohol from convenience stores
- Australia vs. Indonesia, Round 9: Handbags at Dawn
- Rabies Returns to Ubud in 2015
- Indonesia: Alcohol prohibition
- This restless earth: Sumatra's Mount Sinabung on highest alert after eruptions
- 8-year-old Engeline - 'Angeline' - murdered in Sanur, Bali
- Australian surfer Nicholas Langan facing four years in Bali prison for smoking marijuana joint
- July 7-11, 2015: Dog-poisonings and widespread dog-culls in Ubud and Sukawati, Bali
- Flights cancelled at Denpasar International Airport due to eruption of Java's Mount Raung
Bali Street Art, Graffiti & Murals ~ 2021
Street art graffiti of the Hindu elephant-headed God Ganesha outside an Indian restaurant in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.
Photograph by © 2021 Ubud High.
© 2021 John Storey. All Rights Reserved.
The Last Pic
Portrait of the Day
Portraits from Bali by Ubud High
© Ubud High.
© 2021 John Storey. All rights reserved.
The Ubud Handbook ~ by John Storey
THE UBUD HANDBOOK ~ Your free guide to living in Ubud and Bali in an online nutshell.
Search Ubud High
Popular search terms ~
ganesha bali / covid / scorpions / scooter rental / bali street art / graffiti / murals / volcano / earthquake / trance / hornets / arma art gallery ubud / nyepi / traditional balinese paintings / rainy season / snakes / 2022 bali spirit festival / dengue fever / ecstatic dance / indonesia
Ubud Market ~ 2021 Pandemic Images
Street Art, Urban Murals & Creative Graffiti on Bali
Street art, graffiti and murals for the masses – the most public of Bali's urban art scene hidden in plain sight on the walls of Canggu, Ubud, Seminyak and Kuta.
Search Ubud High
Popular search terms:
ganesha bali / covid / scorpions / scooter rental / street art / graffiti / mural / trance / volcano / earthquake / hornets / arma gallery / nyepi / traditional balinese paintings / rainy season / snakes / 2022 bali spirit festival / dengue fever / ecstatic dance / indonesia
Gunung Anak Krakatau – the infamous 'Child of Krakatoa' volcano – erupting in the Sunda Strait between Java and Sumatra, Indonesia.